Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Eric and The Hypochondria V



                Okay, I might have been a tiny bit overly cocky in my last post (Eric and The Hypochondria IV 5/14/11) about having “solved” the problem with my skull pain.  That was a little bit of an exaggeration but it is still 85% better than it was in February and March.  In the last four months I’ve mostly stuck with the niacin solution I accidentally discovered and it’s been okay.  I tested it a few times by not taking it for a day or two and the pain came back strong.  The headache is still only on the right side on the top of my head with the occasional shooting pain in various other spots of my skull.  I finally decided to go back to the doctor in mid-august just to see if there was anything else he could offer.  He’s kind of stumped and I’m still kind of scared.
                He decided to put me on muscle relaxers, because he’s always believed that this is probably a stress headache and he wants me to chill.  He also took another x-ray to see if the original sinusitis was gone and I haven’t been getting enough radiation in my day to day life.  I started taking the muscle relaxers at night before I went to bed and they did a really good job of making me even less functional at my job than before.  After a few days of that the doctor called and said I do still have some sinusitis and he wants me to take antibiotics twice a day for a month.  The headaches were getting better so I continued with the muscle relaxers and took the whole month’s supply of antibiotics.  For that whole month the headaches were 99% gone with the occasional fleeting achiness in my head. 
                Now I’m out of antibiotics, but I’m still taking the muscle relaxers that make me feel awful all day every day.  If it’s the antibiotics that were making me feel better then I should be able to stop the muscle relaxers.  I tried that for one day and the headaches came back.  So now I’ve been without the antibiotics for about a week and I feel the headache today, but maybe it’s just paranoia.  Either it’s stress or sinusitis or a brain tumor or any of the million different things that Google has taught me about this year.  I don’t know, maybe I need surgery on my skull.
Eric Anderson

3 comments:

  1. How about an over-the-counter decongestant to help with the sinusitis? Have you considered a gluten-free diet for the headaches? Had a woman just yesterday tell me she had headaches and discovered it was a gluten allergy. IMHO taking antibiotics and muscle relaxers on a continuing basis is not good. How about massage? That's an excellent stress-reliever once you find a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried the decongestant and it didn't seem to do much. I have also considered the gluten-free diet, because my mom did it for her headaches when she had migraines at my age or so. gluten-free is hard though, everything has gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what to tell you. I agree with the first comment that it can't be good to continually be on antibiotics or muscle relaxers. If you're not already...start asking God to heal you.

    ReplyDelete