Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Eric and the Eternity



“♪♫Oh, you can’t get to heaven, oh, you can’t get to heaven♪♫
♪♫In an electric chair in an electric chair♪♫
♪♫Oh, you can’t get to heaven, oh, you can’t get to heaven♪♫
♪♫In an electric chaiaiaiaiair♪♫
♪♫Oh, you can’t get to heaven in an electric chair ‘cuz God don’t want no French fries there♪♫
♪♫All my sins are washed away I’ve been redeemed♪♫”
           
Wait, what? No French fries? Has God ever had French fries? They’re delicious although they contain not nutritional value whatsoever. But still they are very delicious. 
I often find myself wondering what heaven (once again I have to ask, is that capitalized?) will be like.  I know it’s “…a wonderful place, filled with glory and grace…” and I should be excited about it.  I like the idea of not being stressed anymore but I’m concerned about what happens to all the stuff.  From what I learned about the bible in my 10 years of Christian school (see that, Microsoft automatically capitalize Christian for me) there are a lot of passages about not being concerned with the world and the things in it.  I just wonder about all of the art (pictures, paintings, books, music, movies, architecture, movies, plays, games etc…).  Will it be lost forever, will it live on in our memories, will it be edited for content like the wal*mart versions of cds.
I don’t know if it’s blasphemous to wonder if I’ll be bored in heaven but that’s something I wonder about. Obviously it’s better than the alternative don’t get me wrong.  I get the feeling that once we get to heaven we won’t care about all the sinful things we choose to entertain ourselves here.  Most everything I watch/listen to/play has something in it that could be considered sinful and I just overlook it because if I don’t then I won’t have anything to do ever(that’s probably something I should look at about myself at some point). 
I know that there’s going to be a lot of people there to talk to and that we’ll be worshipping God all day (if there is any sense of time there at all).  I think the worshipping God will be more like how we’re supposed to praise Him in everything we do now and not necessarily a traditional service where we all gather into a group, but I don’t know, nobody knows.  Maybe the books and music and movies won’t be edited we’ll just be so far above the bad parts that we’ll be able to look at it objectively and dismiss it for what it is.  It probably just won’t be there and we won’t care.
Maybe we’ll start over and create new stuff, will we have creativity?  I always picture people wandering around in white robes all zonked out like they’re zombies or just on drugs, but that doesn’t sound that pleasant.  I expect it will be pleasant.  I don’t know why my brain does these things to me.

Eric Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment