Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Eric and The Nonsense



            This week started out so well; I was in a great mood which was probably not readily apparent to anyone else around me, but I could feel it and that’s all that matters.  This great week turned to suck yesterday and I’m not entirely clear on why.  I’m an emotional wreck and I don’t know what’s wrong with me.  Maybe I’m pregnant, oh wait that’s not possible, I’m on the pill.  I feel like I need to curl up in a ball and cry.  That’s not very manly is it?  But I suppose neither is being pregnant.  I’m listening to Ben Folds on repeat because for some reason depressing music always makes me happy in a weird depressing sort of way (don’t worry, I didn’t understand what I just wrote either).
            On Sunday I was sitting in church thinking about how I’ve already written everything I know and that I probably won’t ever write any fiction because every idea I’ve ever had has already been done (and done better than I would do it at that).  Then I started thinking of some new ideas I could write about (nonfiction of course).  I came up with a bunch of topics like social anxiety, ADD, tithing, visions, prophecies, office supplies, OCDs and music.  I was very excited about writing.  I started taking short notes on the topics so that I wouldn’t forget them like usual.  I guess writing them down is like letting them go from my brain, because I lost the urge to flesh them out.  Then Monday that hilarious embarrassing thing happened to me and I was inspired to write.  That was the funniest thing I think I’ve ever written so I should probably quit now while I’m ahead (unless you count this, which in my opinion puts me back down a few points)
            It’s not cool to be concerned with how many people read your stuff or how many page views you get, but I never claimed to be cool.  I probably check this site at least 20 times a day.  I know it’s sad and I try not to think about who might read this when I’m writing it because again it is for me, but I still care and that’s not cool.
            Okay, the point is that I want to be a writer but I’m a neurotic mess and also for some reason my week turned to suck all because my computer and iTunes don’t seem to get along with each other and it lost all of my music and apps even though they are still there.  I need a Mac.  I’m going to try to start working on those other posts even if I don’t feel like it. Bye

Eric Anderson

P.S. If anyone wants to buy a kidney from me so that I can afford a Mac let me know.

P.P.S.  If it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile then why does smiling hurt my face so much?

3 comments:

  1. aren't all writers neurotic messes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds about right. It's not even that I don't like that about myself it just gets to me sometimes and I don't know how to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be so late at commenting...I missed this one somehow. This may sound really bizarre but I think you're really in a very good place. I know its very uncomfortable and vulnerable but I see God's hand at work in your life. You're desire is to write. I believe God put that desire there. The enemy is always out to destroy...always. Pursue your dream. So you have a setback. pickup and start again. You only fail if you quit trying! Don't worry so much about the subject matter.....just write about any and everything. Feelings are just that "feelings". They are very fickle and are NOT the truth. I would encourage you to research what God says about you and believe Him and not the crap the enemy has been feeding you! If you don't have one, download a Bible app when you get your new phone. I find I read the Bible way more now that I have that option. I can read it anywhere at anytime! I LOVE IT! If you want some help on where to start let me know.

    ReplyDelete