Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eric and the Fatherhood


                I’m determined to post something on this blog every day (Okay, maybe not everyday but at least 5 times a week), even if I don’t have anything to say.  Writing is something that I’ve always wanted to do, it’s even something that I know I used to be good at, but it’s so hard to make myself write anything (hmmm, 4 times a week). 
                Here’s a story about how horrible of a father I am.  Last night after work I sat down to watch TV and Amira was in the room with me and charlotte.  I said to her “Hey, Amira” and she said “I know, I know, “Get out””.  Wow, I suck.  I could make the excuse that I “work”(there has been some debate as to whether or not what I do is considered work) twelve hour days and when I get home I just want to chill and there are not a lot of TV shows that are appropriate for her to watch and also don’t bore me to tears.  I mean there are only so many times I can watch the Pixar movies (which with the exception of Cars, are all awesome flicks).  I guess I need to figure out something we can do together but we don’t have a lot in common.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my daughter so much, but she drives me right up the wall and now there’s a new one to worry about (boys are better, right?) (Just kidding).
                I’ve been told that God has tasked me with these children’s spiritual upbringing.  I don’t even have a handle on my own spiritual upbringing.  I’ve somehow stumbled to having an entire family that I’m supposed to be the spiritual leader of and don’t even know where to start.  Okay, obviously I should just pray about it right?  I don’t get much out of prayer, I can’t ever figure out if it’s me or God or just what I would want God to say.  A couple of months ago in Jeromy Leavelle’s  sermon he said that sometimes God doesn’t answer because He’s already said it, and he held up a Bible(do I capitalize bible?) while he was saying it.  So maybe I should read the Bible (seriously, is that in caps or what?) before I start asking God things that He may have already said.  I know, I know I should have already read it, but when I start reading my brain wanders off and six chapters later I don’t have a clue about what it said. Maybe I should start in the middle.
                Well, that got deeper than I had originally intended, but oh well I can’t really control where my brain goes.

Eric Anderson

P.S.  Cars is a perfectly good movie I just don’t think it lives up to the standard that I have for a Pixar flick.

P.P.S. Since you asked I’ll rate them in order of how feel about them from first to last: Toy Story, Wall-E, Up, The Incredibles, Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc.,  Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Toy Story 2, A Bug’s Life, Cars, and haven’t seen Cars 2

P.P.P.S. (maybe three times a week)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. I feel like I'm getting to know you a bit better. I can relate to some of your frustration and struggles with praying and Bible reading. I wouldn't be where I am now if it weren't for people in my life who encouraged me, prayed for me, supported me, challenged me and confronted me. My encouragement to you is find someone like that. Someone you look at and think "I'd like to be like that". About the Bible reading...find an easy to understand translation. I really like The New Living Translation (NLT) but there are many that are good. I find that I read my Bible more now that I have a Bible App on my phone. Hope you find this helpful. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete