Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Eric and the dream


I've never thought about being a blogger. I've actually always wanted to be a writer but I don't like to type. I want to feel the texture of the paper and push ink into the material. It's just something that I've always enjoyed, but I haven't written anything in years. Every now and then I'll find something I wrote in high school and wonder where that even come from and wonder if I can ever get that ability back. When I was in 9th grade or so I wrote a story for Mrs.(Michelle) Friend's class and she sent a note back saying that she would like to see more. I never wrote any more.
The annoying and frustrating thing about me is that I have dreams and I want to write these awesome stories, but I'll think on them all day and work them out in my head and never write them down, then they're gone forever(not that they're awesome to anyone besides myself). I'm an extremely consistent procrastinator and I get distracted quite easily(I've got the ADD but that's another post). When the prophet told me that I have crazy ideas that others laugh at the only thing that came to mind was writing and photography. I think anyone can take a picture it's just something I really love to do. Writing however is the dream and I used to be good at it( just saying). I hope to get it back, I'm way behind in practice.
When Mrs.(Michelle) Friend wrote that note she could have said that to all of her students or she could have really meant it, who knows? I just know that it inspired me to dream of writing for the last 14 years, I just lacked the drive to do anything with it(my bad) I feel like I should mention Mrs. Robinson's English class or I'll be in big trouble. I loved turning her vocabulary words into the most twisted sentences I could come up with(I still think the Shurley Method sucks).
The point is that I really enjoyed writing yesterdays post and I would like to thank everyone for their overwhelmingly positive responses to my personal problems. I think I'll keep writing here whenever I can think of something to write about. It's just practice for me so you don't have to read it. You can but you don't have to.

Eric Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment